February 18, 2015

Review! What Happens Tomorrow by Elle Michaels


No one knows what happens tomorrow...

When Brooke Adams suffers the unimaginable, she knows her heart will never be whole again. Faced with the choice of giving in to her grief, or fighting to regain a resemblance to the life she once knew, she chooses to fight.

Not ready to give up, Brooke starts a new life where no one knows her past. As she slowly puts the pieces of her life back together, Brooke meets her neighbor, Tyler Reynolds. Soon, he becomes her friend, her rock...

and her complicated constant.

Despite her best efforts, she finds herself falling for him, but what will happen if Tyler learns the truth about her past and realizes just how deep the damage is?

The risk might be too much...



There is a reason why I often refuse to review an author’s debut novel because I know there is always room for improvement and you can’t really decide said author’s worth by the first book. Thing that might happen if the review is not carefully written.

Instead of giving you my usual rant about what I didn’t liked and what I think could have been better described, I’m going to tell you only what I liked.

This book is about a woman who has suffered an immense loss and who’s trying really hard to get on

with her life.

I think it was the first time when my heart really hurt for a character in a book. I am aware it’s just a story but this could be anyone’s reality.

I am a mother and I tried to picture myself in Brooke’s place. A young woman who has lost, in one second, her husband - the love of her life, and her sweet, innocent baby girl.

How can you move on from like this? How can others pretend that you just get over it?

Healing doesn’t occur over night, if ever. 

Brooke has to deal with the pain and also with her family’s constant hovering which, at times, made her also feel guilty for causing them worry and, by doing so, only adding another burden on her bruised and battered soul.

I have dealt with loss myself, not like her but still, and I didn’t blamed her for packing her bags and moving far away from them. There are times when dealing with your hurt by yourself is the best choice.

Moving away also meant a new beginning for Brooke in a place where no one knows her and where she doesn’t get stared at with pity every time she steps out.

And moving away meant finding two friends who will, once again, change her life and show her that taking chances doesn’t always end up badly.

This isn’t an easy read. At least it wasn’t for me. I found myself crying every once in a while and it made me realize that I am so, so very lucky to have my husband and my baby by my side where I can touch them and hold them in my arms. It is not something I take for granted and I don’t even want to imagine what my life would be like without them. Once again a book has reminded me that I have to cherish every second I get to spend with my loved ones because you never know What Happens Tomorrow.

You should definitely give it a chance.

Elle, thank you for this book. In this case, I’m glad I accepted to give it a try and I cannot wait to read your next novel. You have an amazing talent, lady.

Happy Reading!!





Elle Michaels is a professional in the tech sector, residing with her family in the Pacific Northwest. Having spent years acting in and directing stage productions, she dreamed of writing a screenplay, but at the suggestion of a friend, she decided to write a novel instead.

She has always had a passion for reading and romance. There is nothing she loves more than to get lost in a sexy romance story.

When not working or writing, she can be found spending time with the love of her life, her two young children and Yorkshire Terrier.


No comments: